12 NCAC 09G .0314 COMPREHENSIVE WRITTEN EXAM - INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
(a) A representative of the Standards Division shall administer a comprehensive written examination to each trainee who has completed the first 12 units of the Criminal Justice Instructor Training Course as described in the "Instructor Training" manual.
(b) The examination shall be an objective test covering the topic areas contained in the accredited course curriculum.
(c) A trainee shall achieve a passing score on the comprehensive written examination if he or she achieves a minimum of 75 percent correct answers.
(d) A trainee who has participated in a scheduled delivery of an accredited training course and has demonstrated satisfactory competence in each performance area of the course curriculum, who has scored at least 65 percent but has failed to achieve the minimum passing score of 75 percent on the comprehensive written examination, may request the Director of the Standards Division to authorize a re‑examination of the trainee.
(1) The trainee's request for re‑examination shall be made in writing on the Commission's Re-Examination Request form and shall be received by the Standards Division within 30 days of the examination. The Re-Examination Request form is located on the Agency's website: http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/b38b7eee-e311-4ec3-8f9c-bd8fd58f6281/SMI-6-Reexam-6-11.aspx.
(2) The trainee's request for re‑examination shall include the favorable recommendation of the School Director who administered the course.
(3) A trainee shall have, within 60 days of the original examination, only one opportunity for re‑examination and shall achieve a passing score on the subsequent examination.
(4) The trainee shall be assigned in writing by the Standards Division staff a place, time, and date for re‑examination.
(5) Should the trainee not achieve a minimum score of 75 percent on the re-examination, the trainee shall not be given course completion and shall enroll and complete a subsequent offering of the instructor course before further examination may be permitted.
(e) A trainee who fails to score at least 65 percent on the comprehensive written examination shall not be eligible for re-examination, and shall complete a subsequent offering of the instructor training course before further examination is permitted.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17C-6; 17C-10;
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 1, 2001;
Eff. August 1, 2002;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2015.