12 NCAC 09G .0417 CERTIFICATION OF QUALIFIED ASSISTANT
(a) If the accredited institution or agency assigns additional responsibilities to the certified School Director during the planning, development, and implementation of an accredited basic recruit training course, a qualified assistant shall be designated to assist the School Director in the administration of the course. To be eligible to serve as a Qualified Assistant, an applicant shall:
(1) be selected by the School Director;
(2) have four years of experience as a criminal justice officer or as an administrator or specialist in a field directly related to the criminal justice system;
(3) be certified as a General Instructor, pursuant to Rule .0308 of this Subchapter, if certified as a Qualified Assistant for an Instructor Training Course;
(4) if serving as a Qualified Assistant for an Instructor Training Course, must complete an Instructor Training Orientation Course as offered by the North Carolina Justice Academy;
(5) have completed an orientation course conducted by Standards Division staff; and
(6) participate in the annual training conducted by Commission staff.
(b) Any person designated by a School Director as a Qualified Assistant or who performs the duties of, a Qualified Assistant in the delivery or presentation of a Commission-mandated training course shall have on file confirmation from the Commission acknowledging designation as Qualified Assistant prior to acting in an official capacity as a Qualified Assistant.
(c) The School Director shall submit to the Criminal Justice Standards Division the Qualified Assistant Application Form F-10(QA). The Qualified Assistant Application Form F-10(QA) is located on the agency's website at no cost http://ncdoj.gov/About-DOJ/Law-Enforcement-Training-and-Standards/Criminal-Justice-Education-and-Training-Standards/Forms-and-Publications.aspx. Applicants shall provide the following information on the Qualified Assistant Application Form:
(1) accredited school name and contact information;
(2) applicant's name and contact information;
(3) applicant's instructor certification number; and
(4) School Director name and signature.
(d) The School Director shall ensure that the person selected meets the requirements set forth in Paragraphs (a) and (b) of this Rule.
(e) When directed by the School Director, the Qualified Assistant shall assist in the planning, developing, coordinating, and delivering of Commission-mandated training courses as outlined in Rule .0408 of this Section.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17C‑6;
Eff. January 1, 2020.