12 NCAC 10B .0203 SANCTIONS FOR VIOLATIONS BY INDIVIDUALS
When any person certified by the Commission is found to have knowingly and willfully violated any provision or requirement of the rules in this Subchapter, the Commission may take action to correct the violation and to ensure that the violation does not re‑occur, including:
(1) issuing an oral warning and request for compliance;
(2) issuing a written warning and request for compliance;
(3) issuing an official written reprimand;
(4) summarily suspending the individual's certification for a specified period of time or until acceptable corrective action is taken by the individual upon a specific finding that allowing the individual to work poses a danger to the public health, safety and welfare; or
(5) revoking or denying the individual's certification. Where action is being taken against an instructor or school director the Probable Cause Committee shall specify a period of time for the revocation or denial not to exceed five years. Where action is being taken against an applicant for justice officer certification or a certified justice officer, the sanctions set out in 12 NCAC 10B .0205 apply.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17E‑4; 17E‑7;
Eff. January 1, 1991;
Recodified from 12 NCAC 10B .0206 Eff. January 1, 1992;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2009; January 1, 1993.