12 NCAC 10B .0408 VERIFICATION OF RECORDS TO DIVISION
(a) Prior to issuing certification of each justice officer, for the purpose of verifying compliance with these Rules, the employing agency shall submit to the Division, along with the Report of Appointment (F‑4), the following documents:
(1) verification of the applicant's compliance with the educational requirement pursuant to 12 NCAC 10B .0302(a);
(2) certified copy of the applicant's Oath of Office, if applying for certification as a deputy sheriff;
(3) the applicant's Medical History Statement (F‑1);
(4) the applicant's Medical Examination Report (F‑2 and F‑2A);
(5) the applicant's notarized Personal History Statement (F‑3);
(6) the Commission-mandated Background Investigation Form (F-8) with all accompanying documentation set out in 12 NCAC 10B .0305;
(7) documentation of negative results on a drug screen pursuant to 12 NCAC 10B .0301(6); and
(8) verification of the applicant's compliance with the probationary certification requirements pursuant to 12 NCAC 10B .0403(b), if the applicant is a deputy sheriff or a detention officer.
(b) Compliance with this Rule is waived, with the exception of the requirements of 12 NCAC 10B .0408(a)(8), for officers applying for dual certification as defined in 12 NCAC 10B .0103(12) provided that:
(1) the officer holds a valid certification as either a deputy sheriff, detention officer, or telecommunicator with the employing agency requesting dual certification; and
(2) the officer has not had a break in service since initial certification with the employing agency requesting dual certification.
(c) Where the Division has previously received a complete Background Investigation Form (F-8) with all accompanying documentation set out in 12 NCAC 10B .0305 in connection with another application for certification to this Commission, the Background Investigation need only be updated from the date of the last background investigation on file in the Division with documentation of compliance with 12 NCAC .0305(e)(1), (2), (3), and a county-wide and certified records check for each name used by the applicant for each jurisdiction where the applicant has resided in North Carolina since the initial Background Investigation (Form F-8) was completed. In addition:
(1) If the applicant has been issued an out-of-state driver=s license by a state other than North Carolina since obtaining certification, then compliance with 12 NCAC 10B .0305(e)(4), is required; and
(2) If the applicant has resided in a state other than North Carolina since obtaining certification, a certified and county-wide record check from each jurisdiction (if available) shall be provided.
(d) All information maintained pursuant to the requirements of this Rule shall be subject to all state and federal laws governing confidentiality.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17E‑4; 17E‑7;
Eff. January 1, 1989;
Recodified from 12 NCAC 10B .0407 Eff. January 1, 1991;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1996; January 1, 1994; January 1, 1993; January 1, 1992;
Temporary Amendment Eff. March 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2002; August 1, 1998.