12 NCAC 10B .0908 LIMITED LECTURER CERTIFICATION
(a) The Commission shall issue a Limited Lecturer Certification to an applicant who has developed specific or special skills by virtue of specific or special training. Limited Lecturer Certification shall be issued in the following topical areas:
(1) First Aid and CPR;
(2) Subject Control Techniques;
(3) Fire Emergencies in the Jail;
(4) Medical Care in the Jail; and
(5) Physical Fitness for Detention Officers.
(b) To be eligible for a Limited Lecturer Certificate for topic areas set forth in Paragraph (a) of this Rule, the applicant must meet the qualifications as follows:
(1) First Aid and CPR: first aid and CPR instructor with the American Red Cross, American Heart Association (AHA), American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI), or National Safety Council (NSC); or a licensed physician, Nurse Practitioner, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN), Physician's Assistant, or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT);
(2) Subject Control Techniques: certified by N.C. Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission as Defensive Tactics Instructor and compliance with Rule .0903(c) of this Section;
(3) Fire Emergencies in the Jail: Certified Fire Instructor (Level II or higher) through the North Carolina Department of Insurance Office of State Fire Marshall, or a Specialized Instructor in the Explosive and Hazardous Material Emergencies topical area through the NC Criminal Justice Commission;
(4) Medical Care in a Jail: A Licensed Physician, Nurse Practitioner, LPN, RN, or EMT, or Physician's Assistant; and
(5) Physical Fitness for Detention Officer: certified as a Physical Fitness Instructor by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission.
(c) In addition to the requirements set out in Paragraph (b) of this Rule, applicants for Limited Lecturer Certification must possess current certification to perform CPR which was obtained through the applicant having shown proficiency both cognitively and through skills testing.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17E-4;
Eff. January 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2012; January 1, 2006; August 1, 2002; August 1, 2000; August 1, 1998; January 1, 1996; January 1, 1992; January 1, 1991; January 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 6, 2018.