section .1900 – Military TRAINED APPLICANT and military spouse
12 ncac 10b .1901 Military and military spouse transferees
(a) An individual seeking certification as a military trained applicant pursuant to G.S. 93B-15.1 who applies to the Division for a certification issued by the Commission must meet the following requirements:
(1) Been awarded a military occupational specialty that is substantially equivalent to or exceeds the training requirements required for certification and performed in the occupational specialty;
(2) Completed a military program of training, completed testing or equivalent training and experience as determined by Paragraph (c) of this Rule;
(3) Engaged in the active practice of that occupation for at least two of the five years prior to the date of appointment; and
(4) Not committed any act in any jurisdiction that would have constituted grounds for refusal, suspension of revocation of a license to practice that occupation in this State at the time the act was committed. The military trained applicant shall submit documentation to the Division verifying his or her compliance with the above listed criteria.
(b) An individual seeking certification as a military spouse pursuant to G.S. 93B-15.1 who applies to the Division for a certification issued by the Commission must meet the following requirements:
(1) Hold a current license, certification or registration from another jurisdiction which is substantially equivalent to or exceeds the training requirements required for certification;
(2) Be in good standing with the issuing agency and not been disciplined by the agency that has the jurisdiction to issue the license, certification or permit; and
(3) Demonstrate competency in the occupation by:
(A) Having completed continuing education comparable to the education and training required for the type of certification for which application is being made, as determined by Paragraph (c) of this Rule; or
(B) Having engaged in the active practice of that occupational specialty for at least two of the five years prior to the date of appointment.
The military spouse shall submit documentation to the Division verifying his or her compliance with the above listed criteria.
(c) The Division shall review the documents received to determine if any additional training is required to satisfy the certification requirements of this Subchapter. Where training provided by the military or in other states require approval of prior training, such approval by the appropriate entity must also be documented.
(d) In the event the applicant's prior training is not equivalent to the Commission's standards, the Commission shall prescribe as a condition of certification, supplementary or remedial training deemed necessary to equate previous training with current standards.
(e) Where certifications issued by the Commission require satisfactory performance on a written examination as part of the training, the Commission shall require such examinations for the certification.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17E-4; 17E-7; 93B-15.1;
Eff. March 1, 2014.