12 NCAC 10B .2003 IN-SERVICE TRAINING COORDINATOR
(a) If a Sheriff or Department Head chooses to conduct its own in-service training, then the Sheriff or Department Head must also appoint an "In-Service Training Coordinator" who meets the following criteria:
(1) Has four years of experience as a criminal justice officer or as an administrator or specialist in a field directly related to the criminal justice system;
(2) Holds General Instructor certification; and
(3) Has successfully participated in the "Coordinating In-Service Training" course presented by the NC Justice Academy for the purpose of familiarization with trainee and instructor evaluation.
The Sheriff or Department Head shall submit an application for such appointment to the Division for approval of this designation.
(b) An In-Service Training Coordinator shall:
(1) Administer the delivery of the course curriculum.
(2) Select and schedule instructors.
(3) Ensure that each instructor utilizes a lesson plan previously approved by the Sheriff or his or her designee.
(4) Monitor, or designate a certified instructor to monitor the presentations of instructors during course deliveries and prepare a written evaluation on their performance and suitability for subsequent instructional assignments. The observations shall be of sufficient duration to ensure the instructor is using the Instructional System Development model, as taught in Criminal Justice Instructor Training set out in 12 NCAC 09B .0209, and that the delivery is objective based, documented by and consistent with a Commission-approved lesson plan.
(5) Maintain records of all in-service training received by the agency's deputies, detention officers, and telecommunicators including:
(A) the course title;
(B) the delivery hours of course;
(C) the course delivery dates;
(D) the names and addresses of instructors utilized for each topic; and
(E) A roster of enrolled trainees documenting class attendance.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17E-4; 17E-7;
Eff. January 1, 2007;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2013.