13 NCAC 07A .0605 SAFETY & HEALTH COMMITTEE REQUIREMENTS
(a) Multi-Site Employers:
(1) Employers with 11 or more employees who do not report to a fixed or regular location worksite are required to have a Safety and Health Committee to represent those employees. The employer must have a separate Safety and Health Committee for each mobile work crew consisting of 11 or more employees.
(2) Employers with employees who report to a fixed or regular location worksite must have a separate safety and health committee for each location with 11 or more employees.
(b) Multi-Employer Worksites:
(1) At multi-employer fixed or regular location worksites, any employer required to establish a Safety and Health Committee pursuant to G.S. 95-252 shall notify the general contractor or equivalent of the requirements of this legislation and of the chairpersons of their committee.
(2) The general contractor or equivalent shall designate a representative to attend the Safety and Health Committee meetings of the notifying employer(s).
(3) The notifying employer shall work with the general contractor or equivalent to distribute information as required by G.S. 95-251(b)(9).
History Note: Authority G.S. 95-252;
Eff. August 2, 1993;
Amended Eff. June 1, 1995;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 1, 2016.