13 ncac 07a .0702 DEFINITIONS
As used in this Section, unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Act" means the Occupational Safety and Health Act of North Carolina.
(2) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Labor of North Carolina.
(3) "Director" means the Director of the Office of Occupational Safety and Health of North Carolina.
(4) "Employer" means a person engaged in a business who has employees, including state or political subdivision of a state, but does not include domestic workers employed in the place of residence of his or her employer.
(5) "Party" means a person authorized to participate in a hearing conducted in accordance with Rule .0712 to .0719 of this Section. An applicant for relief and any affected employee shall be entitled to be named parties. The Department of Labor, represented by the Office of the Attorney General shall be deemed to be a party without the necessity of being named.
(6) "Affected employee" means an employee who would be affected by the grant or denial of a variance or any one of his authorized representatives, such as his collective bargaining agent.
History Note: Authority G.S. 95‑132;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. September 20, 1976;
Readopted Eff. September 30, 1977;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 1, 2016.