(a) In addition to the inspections required by 13 NCAC 07F .0603(c) and 13 NCAC 07F .0605(b), the employer shall conduct a hazard assessment to identify, assess, and control employee exposure to hazards as required by the rules in this Section and any other applicable state or federal statutes, rules or regulations.
(b) The employer shall perform and document the hazard assessments required by this Rule:
(1) Initially and daily for each site prior to permitting employees to climb the structure; and
(2) When safety and health information or change in workplace conditions indicates that a new or increased hazard may be present.
(c) The hazard assessments required by this Rule shall:
(1) Be performed by a competent person;
(2) Evaluate new equipment, materials, and processes for hazards before they are introduced into the workplace; and
(3) Identify meteorological conditions that could affect work at heights above six feet on a tower, such as wind, rain, snow or ice.
(d) If hazards are identified, the employer shall assess the severity of identified hazards and implement means to control such hazards, including providing employees with personal protective equipment (PPE) designed to control the identified hazards and ensuring the proper use of the PPE by the employees.
History Note: Authority G.S. 95-131;
Eff. February 1, 2005;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 1, 2016.