13 NCAC 12 .0408 DEFINITIONS RELATIVE TO ABC RESTRICTIONS
(a) For purposes of G.S. 95-25.5(j) and the Rules in this Chapter, and in addition to the definitions promulgated by the NC Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission in 04 NCAC 02S, the following terms are defined:
(1) Prepare: To make ready; or to put together by combining various elements or ingredients.
(2) Serve: To supply; or to place before the customer.
(3) Dispense: To pour; or to draw from a tap.
(4) Sell: To offer; to accept the order for; to exchange or deliver for money or equivalent; or to handle payment.
(5) Premises: The building or area of a building plus any other property immediately adjacent to it that forms a component or integral part of the business for which the permit was issued.
(6) Outside Grounds: The land immediately adjacent to the building or area of a building that forms a component or integral part of the business for which the permit was issued.
(7) ABC Permit for On-Premises Sale or Consumption: A written or printed authorization issued by the NC Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission pursuant to G.S. 18B and 04 NCAC 02, that authorizes the consumption of alcoholic beverages on the premises of the business for which the permit was issued.
History Note: Authority G.S. 95-25.5; 95-25.19;
Eff. March 1, 2001;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2004;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 1, 2016.