SECTION .0800 – RECORDKEEPING
13 ncac 12 .0801 RECORDS TO BE MAINTAINED
(a) Every employer shall maintain complete and accurate records which contain the following information for each employee in each workweek, unless the employee is specifically exempted:
(1) Name in full;
(2) Home address, including zip code and phone number;
(3) Date of birth if under 20;
(4) Occupation in which employed or job title;
(5) Time of day and day of week the employee's workweek begins (a group of employees working the same workweek may have one record keeping for the entire group);
(6) Regular rate of pay;
(7) Hours worked each workday;
(8) Total hours worked each workweek;
(9) Total straight‑time earnings each workweek;
(10) Total overtime earnings each workweek;
(11) Total additions to or deductions from wages;
(12) Total gross wages paid each pay period;
(13) Date of each payment.
(b) All other records required by statute or rule for the enforcement of any provision of the Wage and Hour Act must also be maintained by the employer. Such records include, but are not limited to, the following: tip credits; costs of meals, lodging or other facilities; start and end time for youth under age 18; youth employment certificates; wage deductions; vacation and sick leave policies; policies and procedures relating to promised wages; and records required to compute wages as defined by G.S. 95-25.2(16).
History Note: Authority G.S. 95‑25.13; 95‑25.15; 95-25.19;
Eff. November 1, 1980;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2001; February 1, 1982;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 1, 2016.