13 NCAC 13 .0208 INSURANCE COMPANIES TO NOTIFY CHIEF INSPECTOR
(a) All insurance companies shall notify the Chief Inspector within 30 days if any of the following actions are taken concerning boiler or pressure vessels:
(1) the issuance of a policy;
(2) the cancellation of a policy; or
(3) removal of a boiler or pressure vessel from service.
(b) All insurance companies shall notify the Chief Inspector within 10 days regarding the non-renewal or suspension of a policy because of unsafe conditions.
(c) Notification for items listed under Paragraph (a) of this Rule shall be made by using the National Board form NB-4, or a form determined by the Chief Inspector to be equivalent to the National Board form. Notifications under Paragraph (b) of this Rule shall be made by telephone at (919) 807-2760, email at email@example.com or overnight mail or package delivery service to the Boiler Safety Bureau, B506, 111 Hillsborough St., Raleigh, NC 27603. All notifications shall include reference to the following:
(1) Object, date of service and effective date;
(2) Owner's number;
(3) Jurisdiction number;
(4) National Board number;
(5) Name of manufacturer;
(6) Name of owner including county;
(7) Location of object including county;
(8) User of object;
(9) Date of last inspection for certificate;
(10) Whether or not a certificate of inspection was issued; and
(11) Reason for discontinuance or cancellation.
History Note: Authority G.S. 95-69.11; 95-69.14;
Eff. May 29, 1981;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2011; January 1, 2009; July 1, 2006; January 1, 1995.