13 NCAC 13 .0210 SHOP INSPECTIONS AND NATIONAL BOARD R STAMP QUALIFICATION REVIEWS
(a) Shop Inspections.
(1) Manufacturers or repair firms seeking to employ the Boiler Safety Bureau to act as their Authorized Inspection Agency pursuant to the ASME Code or National Board Inspection Code, shall enter into a written agreement with the North Carolina Department of Labor, Boiler Safety Bureau for this purpose.
(2) An audit of the Deputy Inspector serving as the Authorized Inspector pursuant to Subparagraph (a)(1) of this Rule, and the contracting company in which he or she is working shall be conducted on an annual basis for non-nuclear companies and twice each year for nuclear companies. The contracting company shall pay the audit fees required in Rule .0213 of this Section.
(b) National Board R Stamp Qualification Reviews
(1) The Chief Inspector, or the Chief Inspector's designee, shall conduct the qualification reviews for issuance of the National Board R symbol stamp pursuant to the National Board Inspection Code as adopted, except as provided in Subparagraph (b)(2) of this Rule.
(2) The Chief Inspector or his designee shall not conduct the qualification reviews of those companies for which the Boiler Safety Bureau provides inspection services, or those companies which specifically request the review be conducted by the National Board.
(3) A review to be conducted by the Boiler Safety Bureau shall be scheduled upon receipt of request by the National Board.
History Note: Authority G.S. 95‑69.11; 95‑69.14;
Eff. May 29, 1981;
Amended Eff. March 1, 2015; October 1, 2008; July 1, 2006; January 1, 1995.