13 ncac 15 .0438 OPERATING MANUAL AND DOCUMENTATION
(a) The owner shall maintain the manufacturer's operating manual for each inflatable or air-supported amusement device.
(b) The owner shall maintain a training manual that contains a complete description of the training program required for operators of each device. The training manual shall include the following:
(1) the proper method of operating the device;
(2) how to ensure the safe entry and exit of riders;
(3) safe methods of assembling and dismantling the device, where applicable;
(4) how to conduct daily inspections;
(5) how to anchor the device;
(6) measures to be taken in the event of a power failure or other emergency; and
(7) procedures for reporting accidents, defects or breakdowns.
(c) The operator and each member of the operating staff shall have knowledge of the operating manual and the training manual.
(d) A copy of the operating manual and the training manual shall be maintained on site, and shall be provided to representatives of the Department upon request.
(e) In the case of a rental, the owner shall ensure that the renter receives and understands the device operating procedures (including the operating manual and the training manual), and the rules and regulations pertaining to the operation of the device rented.
History Note: Authority G.S. 95-111.2; 95-111.4;
Eff. July 1, 2003;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 5, 2016.