SECTION .0400 - CONDUCT OF INVESTIGATIONS
13 NCAC 19 .0401 INVESTIGATION
(a) The Commissioner may, in addition to other actions, interview witnesses, examine and obtain copies of documents, and visit workplaces in determining whether or not there is reasonable cause to believe that the allegations of the complaint are true.
(b) The respondent has 30 days from notification of the complaint to respond to the allegations of the complaint. The respondent's failure to timely respond shall not prevent the investigation from proceeding to a determination.
(c) The complainant shall cooperate during the course of the investigation. Cooperation shall include, but is not limited to:
(1) notifying the WORD Office, as soon as possible, of changes in address, name or telephone number;
(2) providing all information requested by the investigator in the time and manner specified by the investigator;
(3) attending meetings or conferences scheduled by the investigator;
(4) meeting reasonable deadlines established by the investigator;
(5) returning required forms; and
(6) returning telephone calls.
Failure to cooperate may result in dismissal of the complaint pursuant to Rule .0603 of this Chapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 95-245;
Eff. April 1, 1999.