14A NCAC 11 .0411 PROCESSING MERITORIOUS APPLICATIONS
(a) Complete applications found to be consistent with the current guidelines and eligibility requirements will be considered for approval for funding in the manner provided in this Rule.
(b) Major factors in deciding which meritorious applications to fund are:
(1) documentation of the need, and monitoring and/or evaluation reports;
(2) the cost of the program and the budget narrative;
(3) the availability of funds;
(4) the date of receipt of the application.
(c) The Secretary of the Department of Crime Control and Public Safety or his designee will have the authority to administratively approve or disapprove grant awards or grant increases subject to the following restrictions and/or limits:
(1) any application subject to such administrative approval must be completed in all parts and details with all attachments and sections completed in a satisfactory manner;
(2) any and all applications or amendments thereto which are approved administratively must be in compliance with existing policies and guidelines;
(3) all continuation applications whose monitoring and audit reports and results are in good standing and are in compliance with existing department policies and guidelines may be approved administratively by the Secretary or his designee. The Secretary or his designee may require a full grant application for continuation funds and/or may grant funds on a conditional basis giving the applicant sufficient time to fully comply with legal and departmental guidelines.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑500 through 143B‑507;
Eff. January 1, 1988.