14B NCAC 07A .0106 VEHICLES TRANSPORTED AND STORED OVER OBJECTION OF OWNER
A member may transport and store a vehicle over the objection or without consent of the owner, operator, or legal possessor when:
(1) The vehicle cannot be lawfully parked off the roadway; or
(2) The vehicle is lawfully parked off the roadway but creates a hazard; or
(3) The owner, operator, or legal possessor refuses or is unable to remove the vehicle from the roadway;
(4) The vehicle is subject to seizure pursuant to G.S. 20-28.3 or other lawful authority.
(5) The vehicle is being held pursuant to G.S. 20-96.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20-184; 20-185; 20-187; 20-188;
Temporary Adoption Eff. June 9, 2000;
Eff. April 1, 2001;
Amended Eff. July 18, 2008;
Transferred from 14A NCAC 09H .0311 Eff. June 1, 2013.