14b NCAC 09 .0102 ELIGIBILITY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
(a) Only victims of the following crimes are eligible for assistance under this program:
(1) first degree rape as defined in G.S. 14-27.2;
(2) second degree rape as defined in G.S. 14-27.3;
(3) first degree sexual offense as defined in G.S. 14-27.4;
(4) second degree sexual offense as defined in G.S. 14-27.5;
(5) attempted first degree or second degree rape or attempted first degree sexual offense as defined in G.S. 14-27.6.
(b) Victims are eligible for financial assistance under this program provided that they have reported the rape, sexual offense, attempted rape or attempted sexual offense to the proper law enforcement officials within 72 hours of the occurrence of the incident.
(c) Failure to report the occurrence of a rape, sexual offense, or attempted rape or sexual offense to a law enforcement official within the specified 72 hour time limitation will result in the victim's loss of eligibility for financial assistance through this program unless the circumstances surrounding the incident hinder or prohibit the timely reporting and the victim has good cause for the failure to report within the specified period of time. The Director, Victim and Justice Services Division, Department of Crime Control and Public Safety or his designee will make the determination as to good cause for waiving the 72 hour time limitations.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B-480.2(a), (c);
Eff. December 1, 1984;
Transferred from 14A NCAC 11 .0302 Eff. June 1, 2013.