14B NCAC 09 .0203 ALLOWABLE COSTS
(a) Only those costs related directly to the operation of the proposed program will be allowable under the terms of this program and only the following direct cash costs will be allowable within the specified limitations:
(1) up to 100 percent of designated program personnel salaries and fringe benefits;
(2) up to 100 percent of program related district travel and subsistence for program staff and such costs will be in accordance with existing state rates and limitations. All out-of-district travel must be approved in advance by the Secretary or his designee;
(3) up to 100 percent of all normal program related operating expenses to include general office supplies, telephone charges, postage, printing, duplication, insurances, limited office equipment, rent and professional publication;
(4) up to 100 percent of fees for professional services to offenders not to exceed local prevailing rates and with prior approval of a formal contract by the Secretary or designee (Contract forms can be obtained from the Division of Victim and Justice Services);
(5) up to 100 percent of contractual services for client plan preparation not to exceed three hundred fifty dollars ($350.00) per plan;
(6) up to 100 percent of costs related to job training and job placement for offenders in the program.
(b) All program costs will be allowable when such costs are included in a line item budget approved by the Secretary of Crime Control and Public Safety or his designee. Any deviation from an approved budget will be unallowable, unless such deviation is made in accordance with the prevailing policy for budget revisions.
(c) For good cause, the Department Secretary or his designee will have the authority to add, delete or alter any item in this Rule as long as such changes are in accordance with state law.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B-500 through 143B-507;
Eff. January 1, 1988;
Transferred from 14A NCAC 11 .0403 Eff. June 1, 2013.