14B NCAC 09 .0213 EVALUATIONS CRITERIA
(a) Any applicant receiving grant funds must maintain the following statistics and records for evaluation of the program, some of which may be required to be submitted to the Division office monthly:
(1) Complete, adequate records on each client;
(2) Reports containing the following information:
(A) the number of offenders referred to the program and the source;
(B) the number of referrals accepted and rejected and the reasons why they were rejected;
(C) the number of partial and full community penalties plans prepared;
(D) the number of community penalties plans accepted totally, partially or rejected;
(3) One copy of summary cover sheet after sentencing;
(4) One copy of each alternative punishment plans prepared by the agency with the name of the client deleted;
(5) A three-year follow-up on all offenders terminated from the program that includes local record checks every six months;
(6) All related fiscal records;
(7) Documentation of all required approvals;
(8) Any additional information requested by the Secretary or his designee.
(b) In addition, the Secretary is not authorized to continue funding programs that can demonstrate no impact on the number of commitments from their jurisdictions. To aid the Secretary in his evaluation, programs should be prepared to:
(1) Evaluate the number of commitments during the year against the program goals. If the program has had no impact and has not met its goals, it should attempt to explain why.
(2) Outline a process evaluation in the first year to help improve program operations. If the process evaluation shows programs to be mismanaged and, therefore, having no hope to make an impact, funding will stop at that time. By the second year a detailed impact (product) evaluation may be outlined. This impact evaluation will determine future funding after the second year.
(3) The Secretary will aid in the planning and funding of program evaluation inasmuch as possible.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B-500 through 143B-507;
Eff. January 1, 1988;
Transferred from 14A NCAC 11 .0413 Eff. June 1, 2013.