14B NCAC 10 .0103 North Carolina STATE BOXING AUTHORITY SECTION OF THE ALE DIVISION
(a) A Division representative shall:
(1) Approve, issue, withhold or deny licenses and permits according to the provisions of G.S. 143-654 and G.S. 143-655 and the rules set forth in this Chapter;
(2) Be present at all matches;
(3) Ensure that all matches are conducted in accordance with the provisions of G.S. 143, Article 68 and the rules set forth in this Chapter. This includes appointing or causing to be appointed licensed match officials and reviewing and approving or disapproving a match or fight card based on weights, abilities, records or physical condition of the prospective contestants. The Division representative shall not approve a match where it is reasonable to assume, based on weights, abilities, records or physical condition of the prospective contestants that the match would not be competitive.
(4) Ensure that all the requirements indicated in this Chapter to be the responsibility of the Boxing Authority Section of the Division are properly and timely carried out as set forth in this Chapter;
(5) Appoint the inspectors for each match for which he is responsible. There shall be a minimum of two referees, three judges (plus two kick count judges for kickboxing matches), one announcer, and one timekeeper present at each match;
(6) Inscribe the result of each match on the passport of each participant, if so requested;
(7) Have rubber gloves available for use by the seconds, physicians and officials; and
(8) Ensure that all officials are paid by the promoter prior to their leaving the premises of the boxing matches after the matches have been concluded; and that all officials acknowledge by signature, on a form provided by the Division, the receipt of payment.
(b) Each inspector shall observe and report the conduct of the seconds in the corner of his designated contestant during the course of the match and immediately report any violation or suspicious or improper behavior to the Division representative. Each inspector shall be present in his designated contestant's dressing room to insure that:
(1) No illegal drugs or foreign substances are ingested or used. Any use or suspected use of an illegal drug or foreign substance shall be immediately reported to the Division representative;
(2) Handwraps are applied in accordance with the rules in this Chapter;
(3) Gloves to be used are clean, sanitary and in good condition, and are laced and tied;
(4) A urine sample is collected, when necessary, in accordance with the prescribed protocol as designated by the rules in this Chapter; and
(5) Security is maintained for the protection of the contestant, and the public, and to ensure that the Division representative and inspectors can carry out the provisions of G.S. 143, Article 68 and the rules set forth in this Chapter.
(c) Forms for applications for licenses and permits are available from the Boxing Authority Section of the Division. These forms may be obtained by contacting, and shall be filed with:
NC ALE Boxing Authority Section
Department of Crime Control and Public Safety
4704 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-4704
Telephone (919) 733-3925.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-652.1; 143-651(7a); 150B-38; 150B-39; 143-654;
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 1, 1996;
Eff. April 1, 1996;
Transferred and recodified from 18 NCAC 09 Eff. November 8, 2002;
Amended Eff. March 1, 2008; October 1, 2004;
Transferred from 14A NCAC 12 .0103 Eff. June 1, 2013.