SECTION .0200 - DIVISION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
14B NCAC 11B .0201 RESPONSIBILITIES OF COUNTY GOVERNMENT
Each county desiring to receive funding from the Juvenile Crime Prevention Council fund shall:
(1) Notify the Department of the establishment of the Juvenile Crime Prevention Council;
(2) Ensure that Juvenile Crime Prevention Council funds are used exclusively for programs that provide direct services to juveniles who have either been adjudicated delinquent or undisciplined, petitioned for delinquent acts or undisciplined behavior, diverted from intake, or at-risk of becoming delinquent;
(3) Determine whether or not it is in its best interests to collaborate with other counties for the development of programs to address their juvenile needs;
(4) Utilize generally accepted accounting procedures that guarantee the integrity of the expenditure of Juvenile Crime Prevention Council funds in local programs;
(5) Report to the North Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention at or about the end of the third quarter of each year the anticipated balance of unexpended funds and to report program expenditures at the end of the fiscal year;
(6) Provide the North Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention with an annual risk and needs based plan for the provision of services to address the local juvenile justice need; and
(7) Ensure that programs receiving state funds are public agencies or private non-profit organizations and that they are appropriately licensed.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B-516; 143B-517; 143B-544; 143B-549; 143B-550;
Temporary Adoption Eff. July 15, 2002;
Eff. April 1, 2003;
Transferred from 28 NCAC 02A .0201 Eff. June 1, 2013.