14B NCAC 11B .0202 JUVENILE CRIME PREVENTION COUNCIL RESPONSIBILITIES
In implementing the planning requirements of G.S. 143B-543, the Juvenile Crime Prevention Council's shall:
(1) Monitor currently funded Juvenile Crime Prevention Council programs and evaluate the availability of intermediate and community level sanctions;
(2) Maintain a current and ongoing assessment of the needs of children involved or potentially involved in the juvenile justice system;
(3) Submit to the county commissioners an annual plan for the provision of intervention/prevention services which shall include:
(A) A list of services which prioritizes funding for intermediate and community level sanction programs and may include prevention programs;
(B) A statement from the Juvenile Crime Prevention Council, verifying the existence of adequate intermediate and community level sanctions if prevention programs are included in the funding recommendations;
(C) Verification of the request for proposal process ensuring public notification of available funding; and
(D) Program proposals that are recommended for funding;
(4) Explore alternative funding sources, including other state and federal funds and private corporations and foundations; and
(5) Promote public awareness of delinquency, risk factors, and prevention strategies.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B-549; 143B-550;
Temporary Adoption Eff. July 15, 2002;
Eff. April 1, 2003;
Transferred from 28 NCAC 02A .0202 Eff. June 1, 2013.