14B NCAC 11D .0104 COMMITMENT TO THE DEPARTMENT
(a) Juvenile court counselors shall provide services to juveniles committed to the Department and their families during the commitment which includes:
(1) Serving as a liaison between the Department staff, the juvenile, and his family, community agencies and the court;
(2) Assisting in treatment planning during the commitment; and
(3) Participating in planning for post-release supervision.
(b) When a juvenile is committed to the Department for an offense that would have been a Class A or B1 felony if committed by an adult, the chief court counselor shall notify the victim or the victim's immediate family that they may request in writing to be notified in advance of the juvenile's schedule release date. The chief court counselor shall provide the victim or the victim's immediate family:
(1) The name of the juvenile; and
(2) The name, address and telephone number of the chief court counselor who is to receive the request to be notified.
History Note: Authority G.S. 7B-2513;
Temporary Adoption Eff. July 15, 2002;
Eff. April 1, 2003;
Transferred from 28 NCAC 04A .0104 Eff. June 1, 2013;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 9, 2018.