SECTION .0200 - FUNCTIONS
14B NCAC 13 .0201 ARRESTS
Any time an arrest is made, the arresting officer shall follow these procedures:
(1) Identify himself or herself, as a law enforcement officer;
(2) Inform the individual that he or she is under arrest;
(3) Inform the arrestee of the charge or charges;
(4) Transport the arrestee to a judicial official for booking unless the arrestee is released subsequent to a summons or citation to appear in court; and
(5) Complete report(s) of arrest.
History Note: Authority G.S.; 143B-911;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. February 27, 1979;
Transferred from T01.03C Eff. November 25, 1986;
Transferred from 01 NCAC 04H .0201 Eff. June 1, 2013;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2016.