14B NCAC 15A .0103 DEFINITIONS
(a) As used throughout this Chapter:
(1) "Administrator" means the principal administrative officer of the Commission;
(2) "Agent," "alcohol law enforcement agent," or "ALE agent" means an enforcement agent of the Alcohol Law Enforcement Division, North Carolina Department of Crime Control and Public Safety;
(3) "Applicant" means any person who requests the issuance of a permit from the Commission;
(4) "Chairman" means the chairman of the Commission;
(5) "Contract carrier" means the carriers operated by the contractor on behalf of the state for the purpose of distributing spirituous liquors;
(6) "Distressed liquor" means liquor which is not saleable due to adulteration or damage to the bottle, label or tax seal;
(7) "Industry Member" means any manufacturer, bottler, importer, vendor, representative or wholesaler of alcoholic beverages;
(8) "Operator" or "Contractor" means the person or persons responsible for carrying out the storage and distribution of spirituous liquors at the state ABC warehouse;
(9) "Permit" means a written or printed authorization to engage in some phase of the alcoholic beverage industry that is issued by the Commission;
(10) "Permittee" means a person to whom a permit has been issued by the Commission; and
(11) "State ABC warehouse" means the contractor-operated facility or facilities storing spirituous liquors on behalf of the Commission pursuant to G.S. 18B-204, or, in cases of emergency, the facility or facilities operated by the state for the purpose of storing spirituous liquors.
(b) The definitions in Chapter 18B apply to the rules in this Chapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 18B-207; 150B-4;
Eff. January 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2010; May 1, 1984;
Transferred and Recodified from 04 NCAC 02R .0103 Eff. August 1, 2015;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. August 22, 2015.