14B NCAC 15A .1006 PERSONNEL MANUAL
(a) Each local board shall establish rules governing each of the following:
(1) Initial employment of employees, including qualifications and requirements for new employees;
(2) Compensation and benefits;
(3) Hours and days of work, holidays, vacation, sick leave;
(4) Promotion, transfer, demotion, and suspension of employees;
(5) Separation or termination of employees;
(6) Granting of salary increases; and
(7) Employee grievance procedures.
(b) A local board may model its personnel policies and procedures after those adopted by the county or municipality in which it operates.
(c) A local board shall not adopt a rule that conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 18B or these Rules.
History Note: Authority G.S. 18B-100; 18B‑203(a)(10); 18B-207; 18B-700(g1); 18B-701(a); 18B‑807;
Eff. July 1, 1992;
Transferred and Recodified from 04 NCAC 02R .1009 Eff. August 1, 2015;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. August 22, 2015;
Amended Eff. December 1, 2019.