14B NCAC 15A .1703 STORES: APPEARANCE AND STATE LIST
(a) Interior Appearance of Stores. Stores shall meet the following standards:
(1) Stores shall be well lit so as an average customer can shop safely and be free of trash;
(2) Floors shall be clean;
(3) Bottles and shelves shall be clean;
(4) Signs and displays shall not be faded or worn;
(5) Televisions that are on shall be tuned to a news, weather or community service channel when not providing liquor related information and the volume shall be kept low enough so as not to interfere with sales;
(6) Smoking shall not be permitted in any stores, warehouses or storage areas; and
(7) Security systems shall be functional.
(b) Exterior Appearance of Stores. Stores shall meet the following standards:
(1) Areas around stores shall be well lit and free of trash; and
(2) Signs shall not be faded or worn.
(c) State List to be Available. Every store shall make available for its customers' inspection a copy of the most current complete state price list and any supplemental price lists. A local board may draw up and post its own price list for items or brands sold in its stores, provided the items and prices listed on the local list are also listed on the complete state list.
History Note: Authority G.S. 18B-100; 18B-203(a)(20); 18B-207; 18B-807;
Eff. January 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2011; July 1, 1992; May 1, 1984;
Transferred and Recodified from 04 NCAC 02R .1703 Eff. August 1, 2015;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. August 22, 2015.