14B NCAC 15A .1708 SHELF MANAGEMENT
(a) Each local board shall establish and maintain a shelf management plan. The local board shall establish policies within its plan that incorporates the following concepts:
(1) set the higher priced items on the upper shelves at eye level and set the lower priced items on the bottom shelves;
(2) block categories in vertical sets per their category;
(3) arrange bottle sizes so they increase left to right of the same item;
(4) create brand billboard by stacking all brand sizes together;
(5) set shelf space for products considering the following factors:
(A) market share;
(C) traffic patterns
(D) seasonal sales; and
(E) cross merchandising;
(6) set and maintain all bottles at the front of the shelf; and
(7) discontinue low profit slow moving items.
(b) Each local board shall keep a copy of its shelf management plan at each store location and, upon request, provide a copy to a Commission representative.
History Note: Authority G.S. 18B-100; 18B-203(a)(20); 18B-207; 18B-807;
Eff. December 1, 2011;
Transferred and Recodified from 04 NCAC 02R .1711 Eff. August 1, 2015;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. August 22, 2015.