SECTION .1800 ‑ PURCHASE‑TRANSPORTATION PERMITS FOR INDIVIDUALS AND MIXED BEVERAGES PERMITTEES
14B NCAC 15A .1801 PURCHASE-TRANSPORTATION PERMITS FOR WINE AND LIQUOR
(a) The Purchase-Transportation Permit shall be issued in triplicate and shall specify the following information on the face of the permit:
(1) the name and location of the ABC store, retail store, or distillery from which the purchase is to be made;
(2) whether the purchase is for unfortified wine, fortified wine, or spirituous liquor;
(3) the destination of the alcoholic beverages, including the address of the location and name of business, if applicable;
(4) the Special Occasions Permit number of a location, if alcoholic beverages are purchased for a special occasion at a non-residence;
(5) the time and date of commencement and conclusion of the special occasion, if any;
(6) the quantity and type of alcoholic beverages purchased;
(7) the signature and printed name of local ABC official, distillery owner, or designated employee of the owner issuing the permit; and
(8) the name, address, and driver's license number of the purchaser.
(b) The Purchase-Transportation permit shall contain the following statements:
(1) The permit is valid for only one purchase transaction on the date shown.
(2) The permit will expire at 9:30 p.m. on the date of purchase.
(3) The permit shall accompany the beverages during transport and storage.
(4) The permit shall be exhibited to any law enforcement officer upon request.
(c) A local board or distillery issuing a Purchase-Transportation Permit shall retain one copy of the permit in its files for a period of one year. For Purchase-Transportation Permits issued by a local board for the purchase of fortified and unfortified wine, the local board shall give the purchaser two copies of the permit, one of which the purchaser shall give the store from which the alcoholic beverages are purchased.
History Note: Authority G.S. 18B-100; 18B-207; 18B-403;
Eff. January 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2010; July 1, 1992; May 1, 1984;
Transferred and Recodified from 04 NCAC 02R .1801 Eff. August 1, 2015;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. August 22, 2015;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2021.