14B NCAC 15A .2205 conditions of sale under special auction permits
Sales at auction of wine or spirituous liquor by the holder of a permit issued pursuant to Rule .2204 of this Section shall be subject to the following conditions:
(1) the auctioneer shall be in physical possession of the wine or spirituous liquor subject to sale at auction;
(2) sales shall only be made to persons at least 21 years of age;
(3) sales shall be conducted subject to the date, time, place, and manner specified in the permit;
(4) no sales shall be made to a person who is intoxicated as defined in 14B NCAC 15B .0101(2);
(5) delivery of possession of a quantity of wine or spirituous liquor sold pursuant to this Rule to a single buyer in excess of the limits set forth in G.S. 18B-303 shall not be permitted unless the buyer at auction of the wine or spirituous liquor has a valid permit issued pursuant to G.S. 18B-1002(a)(4) or otherwise complies with the provisions of G.S. 18B-303;
(6) records of sales maintained in accordance with G.S. 85B-7(d) of an auction conducted pursuant to Rule .2204 of this Section shall be open to inspection by the Commission and law enforcement agents in accordance with G.S. 18B-502; and
(7) purchases by the holder of a permit issued pursuant to Rule .2204 of this Section who bids on and purchases at auction wine or spirituous liquor shall be subject to the conditions, limitations, and requirements of Items (2), (4), and (5) of this Rule.
History Note: Authority G.S. 18B-100; 18B-207; 18B-303; 18B-502; 18B-1002; 18B-1002.1;
Temporary Adoption Eff. February 23, 2018 (See S.L. 2017-87, s. 19(a));
Eff. December 1, 2018.