14B NCAC 15B .0228 Keg Purchase-Transportation Permit
(a) Retail Permittee to Issue. Whenever a person chooses to purchase and transport a keg designed to hold and dispense 7.75 gallons or more of malt beverages, the person shall apply to the retail permittee from whom the purchase will be made for a Keg Purchase-Transportation Permit. The retail permittee from whom the keg is purchased shall issue the purchaser the permit following G.S. 18B-403.1.
(b) The Keg Purchase-Transportation Permit shall specify the following information on the face of the permit:
(1) The date of issue;
(2) The name and address of the retail business from which the purchase is made;
(3) The purchaser's name and address;
(4) The purchaser's driver's license, North Carolina ID, Military ID or passport number;
(5) The address of destination of keg(s);
(6) The total number of kegs purchased;
(7) An underage responsibility warning; and
(8) Signatures of the purchaser and an authorized retail employee.
(c) The retailer shall retain a copy of the permit at the retail location where the purchase was made for 90 days unless requested by any individual in writing to the retailer to retain the copy for a specified period longer than 90 days but not longer than 180 days. The permit shall accompany the keg during its transport and usage and shall be exhibited to any law enforcement officer upon request.
(d) The Commission shall provide Keg Purchase-Transportation Permits to any retailer who requests the permits. Permittees may also download a copy of the Keg Purchase-Transportation Permit from the Commission's website (www.abc.nc.gov).
History Note: Authority G.S. 18B-207; 18B-403.1;
Temporary Adoption Eff. December 1, 2006;
Eff. November 1, 2007;
Amended Eff. December 1, 2012;
Transferred and Recodified from 04 NCAC 02S .0237 Eff. August 1, 2015;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. August 20, 2016.