14B NCAC 15B .0510 PROHIBITED ACTS: SERVING ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
Neither a mixed beverages permittee nor his employee shall:
(1) sell or allow the consumption of any mixed beverages in an area other than one specifically approved by the Commission for that purpose;
(2) sell, offer to sell, or serve on the premises any mixed beverage by customer self‑service or allow any such sale or service, except that a guest room cabinet permittee may sell alcoholic beverages from guest room cabinets as authorized by G.S. 18B‑1001(12) and the rules of the Commission;
(3) sell, offer for sale, or possess for the purpose of sale on the premises any alcoholic beverages that the permittee is not licensed to sell;
(4) possess or consume, or allow any other person to possess or consume, on the premises any alcoholic beverages for which no permit is held if a permit is required by law for the possession or consumption of that beverage;
(5) misrepresent the brand of any spirituous liquor contained in any mixed beverage sold or offered for sale; or
(6) sell or serve any brand of alcoholic beverage not identical to that ordered by the patron without first advising the patron of the difference.
History Note: Authority G.S. 18B-100; 18B‑207; 18B‑1001(13); 18B‑1006(d); 18B-1008;
Eff. January 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1992; May 1, 1984;
Transferred and Recodified from 04 NCAC 02S .0514 Eff. August 1, 2015;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. August 20, 2016.