14b NCAC 15b .0602 SPORTS CLUB: DEFINITIONS
In interpreting the term sports club as contained in G.S. 18B‑1000(8), the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Equipment" means golf clubs, tennis rackets, golf and tennis balls, golf and tennis shoes, golf and tennis gloves, golf tees, golf and tennis clothing, and other items worn or utilized by the golfer or tennis player while engaged in the activities of golf or tennis.
(2) "Golf course" means an 18 hole course designed and maintained for the play of the game of golf with a total tee to green length of at least 4,000 yards.
(3) "Gross receipts for alcoholic beverages" means all sales of beer, wine and spirituous liquor including any mixers sold in mixed beverages.
(4) "Receipts for food" means that portion of the establishment's sales which can be attributed to the sale of food and non-alcoholic beverages, which portion is to be determined in accordance with the provisions of 14B NCAC 15B .0514(b) and (c).
(5) "Restaurant" means restaurant as defined in G.S. 18B‑1000(6) and 14B NCAC 15B .0105.
(6) "Tennis court" means a 60 foot by 120 foot surface composed of asphalt, concrete, composite, grass or other similar material which is constructed and maintained so as to permit the play of tennis on a regular basis and which is completely enclosed by a chain link, particle board or other comparable fence.
History Note: Authority G.S. 18B‑207; 18B‑1000(5a); 18B‑1008;
Temporary Adoption Eff. September 24, 1993 for a Period of 180 Days or Until the Permanent Rule Becomes Effective, Whichever is Sooner;
Eff. February 1, 1994;
Transferred and Recodified from 04 NCAC 02S .0613 Eff. August 1, 2015;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. August 20, 2016.