SUBCHAPTER 15C ‑ INDUSTRY MEMBERS: RETAIL/INDUSTRY MEMBER RELATIONSHIPS: SHIP CHANDLERS: AIR CARRIERS: FUEL ALCOHOL
SECTION .0100 ‑ DEFINITIONS: APPLICATION PROCEDURES
14B NCAC 15C .0101 DEFINITIONS
The following terms shall have the following meanings when used in this Chapter:
(1) "Brand," in relation to wines, means the name under which a wine is produced and includes trade names or trademarks. A brand shall not be construed to mean a class or type of wine, but all classes and types of wines sold under the same brand label are considered a single brand. Differences in packaging such as a different style, type or size of container are not considered different brands.
(2) "Industry member" means any wholesaler, salesman, brewery, winery, bottler, importer, distiller, distiller representative, rectifier, nonresident vendor, vendor representative, or affiliate thereof, that sells or solicits orders for alcoholic beverages, whether or not licensed in this state.
(3) "Retail permittee" or "retailer" means any permittee holding a retail alcoholic beverage permit issued pursuant to the authority of G.S. 18B-1001, but does not include a non-profit or political organization that has been issued a Special One-Time permit pursuant to the provisions of G.S. 18B-1002(a)(2) or (5).
(4) "Representative" means any vendor representative, as that term is used in G.S. 18B-1112, or any other person selling or soliciting orders for alcoholic beverages on behalf of a manufacturer, bottler, vendor, or importer.
(5) "Vendor" means any nonresident malt beverage vendor or nonresident wine vendor, as those terms are used in G.S. 18B-1113 and 18B-1114.
(6) "Wine" means both fortified wine and unfortified wine, as those terms are defined in G.S. 18B-101(7) and (15).
History Note: Authority G.S. 18B-100; 18B-101; 18B-207; 18B-1112; 18B-1113; 18B-1114; 18B-1116;
Eff. January 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2011; July 1, 1992; May 1, 1984;
Transferred and Recodified from 04 NCAC 02T .0101 Eff. August 1, 2015;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. August 19, 2017.