14B NCAC 15C .0304 LABEL CONTENTS: WINE
(a) All wine labels shall contain the following information, in a form legible to the consumer;
(1) brand name of product;
(2) class and type, in conformity with Section .0400 of this Subchapter;
(3) name and address of manufacturer, or bottler, except as otherwise provided in these Rules;
(4) on blends consisting of foreign and domestic wine, if any reference is made to the presence of foreign wine, the exact percentage by volume the foreign wine; and
(5) net contents (unless blown or otherwise permanently inscribed in the container).
(b) Exception for Retailer's Private Brand. In the case of wine bottles packaged for a retailer or other person under the person's private brand, the name and address of the bottler may be stated on another label affixed to the container, if the name and address of the person for whom the wine was bottled or packed appears on the label. The net contents shall be stated on the brand label or on a separate label affixed thereto on the same side of the container in legible form, unless blown or otherwise permanently inscribed in the container.
(c) Imported Wines. The name and address of the importer of a foreign wine need not be stated on the brand label if it is stated upon another label affixed to the container.
(d) Growlers that are filled or refilled on demand with unfortified wine pursuant to Rule .0308 of this Section shall be affixed with a label or a tag containing the following information in type not smaller than 3 millimeters in height and not more than 12 characters per inch:
(1) brand name of the product dispensed;
(2) name of manufacturer or bottler;
(3) class and type of product;
(4) net contents;
(5) name and address of business that filled or refilled the growler;
(6) date of fill or refill; and
(7) the following statement: "This product may be unfiltered and unpasteurized. Keep refrigerated at all times."
(e) Growlers that are filled or refilled on demand pursuant to Rule .0308 of this Section shall be affixed with the alcoholic beverage health warning statement as required by the Federal Alcohol Administration Act, 27 C.F.R. Sections 16.20 through 16.22.
History Note: Authority G.S. 18B‑206(a); 18A‑207; 18B-1001;
Eff. January 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. May 1, 1984;
Transferred and Recodified from 04 NCAC 02T .0304 Eff. August 1, 2015;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. August 19, 2017;
Temporary Amendment Eff. November 28, 2017. (Codifier's Note: This Rule shall remain in effect until the permanent rule that replaces the temporary rule becomes effective. See S.L. 2017-87, s. 5.(b)).