section .1300 – SPIRITUOUS LIQUOR TASTING special event permits
14B NCAC 15C .1301 DEFINITIONS
As used in G.S. 18B-1114.7 and in this Section:
(1) "Advertising specialties" means coasters, shot glasses, bottle or can openers, cork screws, ash trays, shopping bags, individual can coolers, hats, caps, visors, t-shirts (without collars or buttons), and key chains.
(2) "Charitable, nonprofit organization" means a nonprofit organization that is a charitable organization as defined in G.S. 1-539.11(1).
(3) "Consumer tasting event" means any time a single spirituous liquor special event permittee provides samples of spirituous liquor to a consumer in an ABC store pursuant to G.S. 18B-1114.7(c).
(4) "Local fund-raiser" means a special event sponsored or cosponsored by a local government, a local charitable, nonprofit organization, or a local political organization for the purpose of raising funds for a governmental, charitable, or political purpose.
(5) "Permit holder's authorized agent" means an individual authorized in writing by the spirituous liquor special event permittee to conduct a consumer tasting or consumer tasting event pursuant to the permittee's spirituous liquor special event permit. The individual shall be responsible for the management on the site of the consumer tasting or consumer tasting event, and the supervision of the permittee's or agent's employees or independent contractors offering or pouring tasting samples at the consumer tasting or consumer tasting event.
(6) "Point-of-sale advertising materials" means advertising that is located where the spirituous liquor product is displayed or sampled. Advertising materials may include signs, posters, banners, and decorations that bear product advertising matter. Point-of-sale advertising materials as used in this Section shall not include items listed in 14B NCAC 15C .0711(c).
(7) "Special event" means either:
(a) an event the spirituous liquor special event permittee participates in that is a trade show, convention, street festival, holiday festival, agricultural festival, balloon race, local fund-raisers, or other similar events approved pursuant to Rule .1302 of this Section, that is for a limited duration of no more than 10 days and organized or sponsored by a person other than the spirituous liquor special event permittee; or
(b) an event of limited duration of no more than 60 days at a shopping mall that is organized and sponsored by the shopping mall or an association of shopping mall merchants as part of a promotion or sale for all merchants in the shopping mall.
History Note: Authority G.S. 18B-100; 18B-207; 18B-1114.7;
Eff. April 1, 2019;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2020.