14B NCAC 15C .1302 Other SIMILAR events approval
(a) For other events not specifically listed in G.S. 18B-1114.7, the holder of a spirituous liquor special event permit issued pursuant to G.S. 18B-1114.7 shall obtain approval of that other similar event from the Commission prior to the permit holder participating in the event. The Commission's approval of other events under this Rule shall be in writing.
(b) The holder of the permit shall submit a written application for approval to the Commission no less than seven business days prior to the date of the event. The application, available on the Commission's website, includes:
(1) the permit holder's name, business name, spirituous liquor special event permit number, email address, and telephone and fax numbers;
(2) the name, dates, time, location, address, and county of the event;
(3) whether an admission fee will be charged of the attendees by the event sponsor;
(4) the event sponsor's name, address, contact information, event or sponsor's social media link or webpage, and whether the event sponsor is a non-profit organization;
(5) whether the event sponsor holds a special one-time ABC permit pursuant to G.S. 18B-1002(a)(2) or (5) and whether alcohol will otherwise be sold or given away at the event; and
(6) the names of other co-sponsors, supporters, vendors, or exhibitors who are expected to participate in the event, and whether those persons hold ABC permits.
(c) The Commission shall not approve events sponsored exclusively by the holder of the permit. Tastings of spirituous liquor shall not be allowed pursuant to a spirituous liquor special event permit on the premises of a retail permittee or an ABC store.
History Note: Authority G.S. 18B-100; 18B-207; 18B-1114.7;
Eff. April 1, 2019.