14B NCAC 15C .1303 tastings held for consumers
(a) If a tasting is conducted pursuant to this Section at an event where the event sponsor holds an ABC permit for that event, the area for conducting the tasting shall be limited to the area of the event covered by the ABC permit. If the tasting is conducted pursuant to this Section at an event where the event sponsor does not hold an ABC permit, the area for conducting the tasting shall be limited to the area allocated or assigned by the event sponsor for the exclusive use of the permittee conducting the tasting.
(b) Each permittee conducting a tasting may give each consumer tasting samples up to the limits set forth in G.S. 18B-1114.7(b)(3) or (c)(4), as applicable.
(c) A spirituous liquor special event permittee shall ensure that any employee or agent of the permittee who will be conducting or supervising any tasting conducted pursuant to a spirituous liquor special event permit has completed training that includes:
(1) identification of potential underage consumers;
(2) recognition of fictitious identification;
(3) identification of consumers who are visibly intoxicated;
(4) service of correct sample sizes; and
(5) methods to ensure compliance with G.S. 18B-1114.7 in accordance with Rule .1304 of this Section.
(1) the permittee, agent, or employee is off duty for the remainder of that day or night during which the individual consumes any alcoholic beverage;
(2) the permittee, agent, or employee is out of uniform when uniforms are required to be worn while performing any on duty services; and
(3) the permittee, agent, or employee shall not perform any services related to the business of the permit while or after consuming alcoholic beverages.
(e) Spirituous liquor provided for tastings pursuant to a spirituous liquor special event permit shall not be mixed with any other alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage. No non-alcoholic beverages, other than unflavored water, shall be made available or accessible to the consumer by the permittee in the area for conducting the tasting.
History Note: Authority G.S. 18B-100; 18B-207; 18B-1114.7;
Eff. April 1, 2019;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2020.