Section .0200 - LICENSES: TRAINEE PERMITS
14b NCAC 16 .0201 APPLICATION FOR LICENSES AND TRAINEE PERMITS
(a) Each applicant for a license or trainee permit shall submit an original and one copy of the application to the Board. The application shall be accompanied by:
(1) one set of classifiable fingerprints on an applicant fingerprint card;
(2) one head and shoulders digital photograph of the applicant in JPG format of acceptable quality for identification, taken within six months prior to submission and submitted by e-mail to PPSASL-Photos@ncdoj.gov or by compact disc;
(3) a certified statement of the results of a criminal history records search by the appropriate governmental authority housing criminal record information or clerk of superior court in each county where the applicant has resided within the immediately preceding 60 months;
(4) the applicant's non-refundable application fee;
(5) the actual cost charged to the Private Protective Services Board by the State Bureau of Investigation to cover the cost of criminal record checks performed by the State Bureau of Investigation, collected by the Private Protective Services Board; and
(6) an Equifax credit check run within 30 days of the license application submission date.
(b) Applications for trainee permits shall be accompanied by a notarized statement on a form provided by the Board and signed by the applicant and his prospective supervisor, stating that the trainee applicant shall at all times work with and under the direct supervision of that supervisor.
(c) Private investigator trainees applying for a license must make available for inspection a log of experience on a form provided by the Board.
(d) Each applicant must provide evidence of high school graduation either by diploma, G.E.D. certificate, or other proof.
(e) Each applicant for a license shall meet personally with either a Board investigator, the Screening Committee; the Director, or a Board representative designated by the Director prior to being issued a license. The applicant shall discuss the provisions of G.S. 74C and the administrative rules during the personal meeting. The applicant shall sign a form provided by the Board indicating that he or she has reviewed the information with the Board's representative and that he or she has an understanding of G.S. 74C and the administrative rules.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74C-2; 74C-5; 74C-8; 74C-8.1; 74C-12;
Eff. June 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2012; July 1, 2011; August 1, 1998; December 1, 1995; July 1, 1987; December 1, 1985;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 07D .0201 Eff. July 1, 2015.