14B NCAC 16 .0204 DETERMINATION OF EXPERIENCE
(a) Experience requirements shall be determined as follows:
(1) one year experience = 1,000 hours;
(2) two years experience = 2,000 hours;
(3) three years experience = 3,000 hours.
(b) Applicants shall make available upon Board request written documentation to verify experience.
(c) When applying for a license, registration, or trainee permit, the Board shall not consider any experience claimed by the applicant if:
(1) gained by contracting private protective services to another person, firm, association, or corporation while not in possession of a valid private protective services license or registration; or
(2) gained when employed by a company contracting private protective services to another person, firm, association, or corporation while the company is not in possession of a valid private protective services license.
(d) The Board may consider formal classroom training that is directly related to the private protective services industry. The Board may grant one half hour of credit for each hour of formal classroom training, but shall grant no more than 200 hours. Paragraph (c) of this Rule is to be considered in addition to any other formal training credits. No credit shall be given for formal training required pursuant to these Rules.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74C-5; 74C-8;
Eff. June 1, 1984;
ARRC Objection October 19, 1988;
Amended Eff. April 1, 1999; February 1, 1996; March 1, 1989; December 1, 1985;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 07D .0204 Eff. July 1, 2015;
Readopted Eff. August 1, 2020;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2021.