SECTION .0700 - SECURITY GUARD REGISTRATION (UNARMED)
14B NCAC 16 .0701 APPLICATION FOR UNARMED SECURITY GUARD REGISTRATION
(a) Each employer or his or her designee shall submit an online application for the registration of each employee to the Board. This online submission shall be accompanied by:
(1) electronic submission of fingerprints from a Live Scan or similar system approved by the State Bureau of Investigations or one set of classifiable fingerprints on an applicant fingerprint card that shall be mailed separately to the Board's office;
(2) one head and shoulders color digital photograph of the applicant in JPG, JPEG, or PNG format of sufficient quality for identification, taken within six months prior to online application and submitted by uploading the photograph online with the application submission;
(3) upload online a statement of the results of a statewide criminal history records search by the reporting service designated by the Board pursuant to G.S. 74C-8.1(a) for each state where the applicant has resided within the preceding 48 months;
(4) the applicant's non-refundable registration fee, along with a four dollar ($4.00) convenience fee and credit card transaction fee;
(5) the actual cost charged to the Private Protective Services Board by the State Bureau of
Investigation to cover the cost of criminal record checks performed by the State Bureau of Investigation, collected online by the Private Protective Services Board;
(6) one original signed SBI release of information form that shall be uploaded online with the original mailed to the Board's administrative office;
(7) a statement signed by a certified trainer that the applicant has completed the training requirements of Rule .0707 of this Section if applicable; and
(8) a completed affidavit form and public notice statement form.
(b) The employer of each applicant for registration shall give the applicant a copy of the application and the completed affidavit form and shall retain a copy of the application, including the affidavit, in the guard's personnel file in the employer's office.
(c) The applicant's copy of the application and completed affidavit form shall serve as a temporary registration card that shall be carried by the applicant when he or she is working within the scope of his or her employment and shall be exhibited upon the request of any law enforcement officer or authorized representative of the Board.
(d) A copy of the statement required by Subparagraph (a)(7) of this Rule shall be retained by the licensee in the individual applicant's personnel file in the employer's office.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74C-5; 74C-8.1; 74C-11;
Eff. June 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2012; July 1, 2011; August 1, 1998; December 1, 1995; June 1, 1994; February 1, 1990; May 1, 1988;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 07D .0701 Eff. July 1, 2015;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2017;
Readopted Eff. March 1, 2020;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2021.