14B NCAC 16 .0706 RENEWAL OR REISSUE OF UNARMED SECURITY GUARD REGISTRATION
(a) Each applicant for renewal of a registration identification card or his employer, shall complete a form provided by the Board. This form shall be submitted not fewer than 30 days prior to the expiration of the applicant's current registration and shall be accompanied by:
(1) two head and shoulders color digital photographs of the applicant in JPG format of acceptable quality for identification, taken within six months prior to submission and submitted by e-mail to PPSASL-Photos@ncdoj.gov or by compact disc;
(2) statements of any criminal record obtained from the appropriate authority in each area where the applicant has resided within the immediate preceding 12 months or a criminal record check from a third party criminal record check provider;
(3) the applicant's renewal fee; and
(4) the actual cost charged to the Private Protective Services Board by the State Bureau of Investigation to cover the cost of criminal record checks performed by the State Bureau of Investigation, collected by the Private Protective Services Board.
(b) Each applicant for reissue of a registration identification card shall complete, and his employer shall sign, a form provided by the Board. This form shall be submitted to the Board and accompanied by:
(1) two head and shoulders color digital photographs of the applicant in JPG format of acceptable quality for identification, taken within six months prior to submission and submitted by e-mail to PPSASL-Photos@ncdoj.gov or by compact disc; and
(2) the applicant's reissue fee.
(c) The employer of each applicant for a registration renewal or reissue shall give the applicant a copy of the application which will serve as a record of application for renewal or reissue and shall retain a copy of the application in the individual's personnel file in the employer's office.
(d) Members of the armed forces whose registration is in good standing and to whom G.S. 105-249.2 grants an extension of time to file a tax return are granted that same extension of time to pay the registration renewal fee and to complete any continuing education requirements prescribed by the Board. A copy of the military order or the extension approval by the Internal Revenue Service or by the North Carolina Department of Revenue must be furnished to the Board.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74C-5; 74C-11;
Eff. June 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2012; October 1, 2010; December 1, 1995; February 1, 1990; July 1, 1987; December 1, 1985;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 07D .0706 Eff. July 1, 2015.