SECTION .0800 - ARMED SECURITY GUARD FIREARM REGISTRATION PERMIT
14B NCAC 16 .0801 APPLICATION/ARMED SECURITY GUARD FIREARM REGISTRATION PERMIT
(a) Each armed security guard employer or his or her designee shall submit and sign an application form for the registration of each armed security guard applicant to the Board. This form shall be accompanied by:
(1) one set of classifiable fingerprints on an applicant fingerprint card;
(2) two head and shoulders color digital photographs of the applicant in JPG format of sufficient quality for identification, taken within six months prior to submission and submitted by e-mail to PPSASL-Photos@ncdps.gov or by compact disc;
(3) a certified statement of the results of a criminal records search from the reporting service designated by the Board pursuant to G.S. 74C-8.1(a) for each state where the applicant has resided within the preceding 60 months;
(4) the applicant's non-refundable registration fee;
(5) a statement signed by a certified trainer that the applicant has successfully completed the training requirements of Rule .0807 of this Section; and
(6) a certification by the applicant that he or she is at least 21 years of age.
(b) The employer of each applicant for registration shall give the applicant a copy of the application and shall retain a copy of the application in the individual's personnel file in the employer's office.
(c) The applicant's copy of the application shall serve as a temporary registration card that shall be carried by the applicant when he or she is working within the scope of his employment and that shall be exhibited upon the request of any law enforcement officer or authorized representative of the Board.
(d) Applications submitted without proof of completion of a Board approved firearms training course shall not serve as temporary registration cards.
(e) The provisions of Paragraphs (a), (b), and (c) of this Rule also apply to any employee whose employment is terminated within 30 days of employment.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74C-5; 74 C-9; 74C-13;
Eff. June 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2012; April 1, 2008; August 1, 1998; December 1, 1995; February 1, 1990; May 1, 1988; July 1, 1987;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 07D .0801 Eff. July 1, 2015;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2017.