SECTION .0800 - ARMED SECURITY GUARD FIREARM REGISTRATION PERMIT
14B NCAC 16 .0801 APPLICATION/ARMED SECURITY GUARD FIREARM REGISTRATION PERMIT
(a) Each armed security guard employer or his or her designee shall submit an online application for the registration of each armed security guard applicant to the Board. This online submission shall be accompanied by:
(1) electronic submission of fingerprints from a Live Scan or similar system approved by the State Bureau of Investigations or one set of classifiable fingerprints on an applicant fingerprint card that shall be mailed separately to the Board's office;
(2) one head and shoulders color digital photograph of the applicant in JPG, JPEG, or PNG format of sufficient quality for identification, taken within six months prior to online application and submitted by uploading the photograph online with the application submission;
(3) upload online a statement of the results of a statewide criminal history records search by the reporting service designated by the Board pursuant to G.S. 74C-8.1(a) for each state where the applicant has resided within the preceding 60 months;
(4) the applicant's non-refundable registration fee, along with a four dollar ($4.00) convenience fee and credit card transaction fee;
(5) a statement signed by a certified trainer that the applicant has successfully completed the training requirements of Rule .0807 of this Section;
(6) a certification by the applicant that he or she is at least 21 years of age;
(7) the actual cost charged to the Private Protective Services Board by the State Bureau of Investigation to cover the cost of criminal record checks performed by the State Bureau of Investigation, collected online by the Private Protective Services Board; and
(8) a completed affidavit form and public notice statement form.
(b) The employer of each applicant for registration shall give the applicant a copy of the online application, the completed affidavit form, and proof of completion of a Board approved firearms course and shall retain a copy of the application, including affidavit and proof of course completion, in the guard's personnel file in the employer's office.
(c) The applicant's copy of the application, affidavit, and proof of completion of a Board approved firearms course shall serve as a temporary registration card that shall be carried by the applicant when he or she is working within the scope of his or her employment and shall be exhibited upon the request of any law enforcement officer or authorized representative of the Board.
(d) Applications submitted without proof of completion of a Board approved firearms training course shall not serve as temporary registration cards.
(e) The provisions of Paragraphs (a), (b), and (c) of this Rule also apply to any employee whose employment is terminated within 30 days of employment.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74C-5; 74C-9; 74C-13;
Eff. June 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2012; April 1, 2008; August 1, 1998; December 1, 1995; February 1, 1990; May 1, 1988; July 1, 1987;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 07D .0801 Eff. July 1, 2015;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2017;
Readopted Eff. March 1, 2020;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2021.