14B NCAC 16 .0806 RENEWAL OF ARMED SECURITY GUARD FIREARM REGISTRATION PERMIT
(a) Each applicant for renewal of an armed security guard firearm registration permit identification card or his or her employer shall complete an online form on the website provided by the Board. This online form shall be submitted not more than 90 days prior to expiration of the applicant's current armed registration and shall be accompanied by:
(1) one head and shoulders color digital photograph of the applicant in JPG, JPEG, or PNG format of sufficient quality for identification, taken within six months prior to online application and submitted by uploading the photograph online with the application submission;
(2) upload online a statement of the results of a statewide criminal history search obtained by the reporting service designated by the Board pursuant to G.S. 74C-8.1(a) for each state where the applicant has resided within the preceding 12 months;
(3) the applicant's renewal fee, along with the four dollar ($4.00) convenience fee and credit card transaction fee;
(4) the actual cost charged to the Private Protective Services Board by the State Bureau of Investigation to cover the cost of criminal record checks performed by the State Bureau of Investigation, collected online by the Private Protective Services Board;
(5) a statement signed by a certified trainer that the applicant has successfully completed the training requirements of Rule .0807 of this Section; and
(6) a completed affidavit form and public notice statement form.
(b) If there is a criminal charge pending against the applicant for renewal that constitutes a deniable offense under G.S. 74C-8(d)(2), consideration of the application shall be deferred until the criminal charge is adjudicated.
(c) The employer of each applicant for a registration renewal shall give the applicant a copy of the online application and a copy of the completed affidavit form to serve as a record of application for renewal and shall retain a copy of the application, including the affidavit in the guard's personnel file in the employer's office.
(d) Members of the armed forces whose registration is in good standing and to whom G.S. 105-249.2 grants an extension of time to file a tax return shall receive that same extension of time to pay the registration renewal fee and to complete any continuing education requirements prescribed by the Board. A copy of the military order or the extension approval by the Internal Revenue Service or by the North Carolina Department of Revenue shall be furnished to the Board.
(e) A registered armed security guard may utilize a dedicated light system or gun-mounted light for requalification.
(f) During a national or State declared state of emergency that restricts or prohibits a registered armed security guard from requalifying, the Board shall, upon written request to the Director by the licensee, extend the deadline for requalification up to 90 days beyond the effective period of the state of emergency. Any registration renewed pursuant to this Paragraph shall be issued conditionally and shall automatically expire on the 90th day if requalification requirements have not been met.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74C-5;G.S. 74C-8.1; G.S. 74C-9; 74C-13;
Eff. June 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2012; October 1, 2010; December 1, 1995; February 1, 1990; December 1, 1985;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 07D .0806 Eff. July 1, 2015;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2018; November 1, 2017;
Readopted Eff. November 1, 2019;
Amended Eff. March 1, 2020;
Emergency Amendment Eff. May 6, 2020;
Temporary Amendment Eff. July 24, 2020;
Temporary Amendment Expired Eff. May 14, 2021;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2022; January 1, 2022;
Amended Eff. October 1, 2022.