14B ncac 16 .0902 APPLICATION FOR FIREARMS TRAINER CERTIFICATE
Each applicant for a firearms trainer certificate shall submit an original and one copy of the application to the Board. The application shall be accompanied by:
(1) one set of classifiable fingerprints on an applicant fingerprint card;
(2) one head and shoulders color digital photograph of the applicant in JPG format of adequate quality for identification, taken within six months prior to submission and submitted by e-mail to PPSASL-Photos@ncdps.gov or by compact disc;
(3) a certified statement of the result of a criminal history records search by the reporting service designated by the Board pursuant to G.S. 74C-8.1(a) for each state where the applicant has resided within the preceding 60 months;
(4) the actual cost charged to the Private Protective Services Board by the State Bureau of Investigation to cover the cost of criminal record checks performed by the State Bureau of Investigation, collected by the Private Protective Services Board;
(5) the applicant's non-refundable registration fee;
(6) a certificate of successful completion of the training required by Rule .0901(3) and (4) of this Section. This training shall have been completed within 60 days of the submission of the application; and
(7) the actual cost charged to the Private Protective Services Board by the North Carolina Justice Academy to cover the cost of the firearms training course given by the N.C. Justice Academy and collected by the Private Protective Services Board.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74C-5; 74C-8.1(a); 74C-13;
Eff. June 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. August 1, 1998; December 1, 1995; July 1, 1987; December 1, 1985;
Temporary Amendment Eff. July 17, 2001;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2013; May 1, 2012; August 1, 2002;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 07D .0902 Eff. July 1, 2015;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2017.