14B NCAC 16 .1303 MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR UNARMED armored car service GUARD REGISTRATION
An applicant for registration as an unarmed armored service guard shall:
(1) be at least 18 years of age;
(2) be a citizen of the United States or a resident alien;
(3) be of good moral character and temperate habits. Any of the following within the last five years shall be prima facie evidence that the applicant does not have good moral character or temperate habits:
(a) conviction by any local, state, federal, or military court of any crime involving the illegal use, carrying, or possession of a firearm;
(b) conviction of any crime involving the illegal use, possession, sale, manufacture, distribution, or transportation of a controlled substance, drug, narcotic, or alcoholic beverage;
(c) conviction of a crime involving felonious assault or an act of violence;
(d) conviction of a crime involving unlawful breaking or entering, burglary, larceny, or any offense involving moral turpitude; or
(e) a history of addiction to alcohol or a narcotic drug. For purposes of this Item, "conviction" means the entry of a plea of guilty, plea of no contest, or a verdict of guilty;
(4) not have been declared by any court of competent jurisdiction incompetent by reason of mental disease or defect, or not have been involuntarily committed to an institution for treatment of mental disease or defect by a district court judge. When an individual has been treated and found to have been restored by a psychiatrist, the Board shall consider this evidence and determine whether the applicant is mentally competent; and
(5) not have had a revocation by the Board.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74C-3; 74C-5;
Eff. January 1, 2013;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 07D .1403 Eff. July 1, 2015.