SECTION .1400 - ARMED ARMORED CAR SERVICE GUARDS FIREARM REGISTRATION PERMIT
14B NCAC 16 .1401 APPLICATION/ARMED ARMORED CAR SERVICE GUARD FIREARM REGISTRATION PERMIT
(a) Each armored car employer or his or her designee shall submit an online application form for the registration of each armed armored car service guard applicant to the Board. This online form shall be accompanied by:
(1) one set of classifiable fingerprints on an applicant fingerprint card that shall be mailed separately to the Board's office;
(2) one head and shoulders color digital photograph of the applicant in JPG, JPEG, or PNG format of sufficient quality for identification, taken within six months prior to online application and submitted by uploading the photograph online with application submission;
(3) upload online a statement of the result of a statewide criminal history records search from the reporting service designated by the Board pursuant to G.S. 74C-8.1(a) for each state where the applicant has resided within the preceding 60 months;
(4) the applicant's non-refundable registration fee, along with a four dollar ($4.00) convenience fee and credit card transaction fee;
(5) a statement signed by a certified trainer that the applicant has successfully completed the training requirements of Rule .1407 of this Section;
(6) a certification by the applicant that he or she is at least 18 years of age;
(7) the actual cost charged to the Private Protective Services Board by the State Bureau of Investigation to cover the cost of criminal record checks performed by the State Bureau of Investigation, collected online by the Private Protective Services Board; and
(8) a completed affidavit form and public notice statement form.
(b) The employer of each applicant for registration shall give the applicant a copy of the online application and completed affidavit form and shall retain a copy of the application, including affidavit, in the guard's personnel file in the employer's office.
(c) The applicant's copy of the application, affidavit, and training certification shall serve as a temporary registration card that shall be carried by the applicant when he or she is working within the scope of his or her employment and shall be exhibited upon the request of any law enforcement officer or authorized representative of the Board.
(d) Online applications submitted without proof of completion of a Board approved firearms training course shall not serve as temporary registration cards unless the armored car employer has obtained prior approval from the Director. The Director shall grant prior approval if the armored car employer provides proof that the applicant has received prior Board approved firearms training.
(e) The provisions of Paragraphs (a), (b), and (c) of this Rule also apply to any employee whose employment is terminated within 30 days of employment.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74C-3; 74C-5; 74C-8.1(a); 74C-13;
Eff. January 1, 2013;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 07D .1501 Eff. July 1, 2015;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2017;
Readopted Eff. March 1, 2020.