SECTION .1400 - ARMED ARMored Car SERVICE GUARDS FIREARM REGISTRATION PERMIT
14B NCAC 16 .1401 APPLICATION/ARMED ARMORED CAR SERVICE GUARD FIREARM REGISTRATION PERMIT
(a) Each armored car employer or his designee shall submit and sign an application form for the registration of each armed armored car service guard applicant to the Board. This form shall be accompanied by:
(1) one set of classifiable fingerprints on an applicant fingerprint card;
(2) two head and shoulders color digital photographs of the applicant in JPG format of acceptable quality for identification, taken within six months prior to submission and submitted by e-mail to PPSASL-Photos@ncdoj.gov or by compact disc;
(3) a certified statement of the result of a criminal records search from the appropriate governmental authority housing criminal record information or clerk of superior court in each county where the applicant has resided within the immediately preceding 48 months, and if any address history contains an out of state address, a criminal record check from the reporting service designated by the Board pursuant to G.S. 74C-8.1(a);
(4) the applicant's non-refundable registration fee;
(5) a statement signed by a certified trainer that the applicant has successfully completed the training requirements of Rule .1407 of this Section; and
(6) a certification by the applicant that he or she is at least 18 years of age.
(b) The employer of each applicant for registration shall give the applicant a copy of the application and shall retain a copy of the application in the individual's personnel file in the employer's office.
(c) The applicant's copy of the application shall serve as a temporary registration card that shall be carried by the applicant when he is within the scope of his employment and that shall be exhibited upon the request of any law enforcement officer or authorized representative of the Board.
(d) Applications submitted without proof of completion of a Board approved firearms training course shall not serve as temporary registration cards unless the armored car employer has obtained prior approval from the Director. The Director shall grant prior approval if the armored car employer provides proof satisfactory to the Director that the applicant has received prior firearms training.
(e) The provisions of Paragraphs (a), (b), and (c) of this Rule also apply to any employee whose employment is terminated within 30 days of employment.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74C-3; 74C-5; 74C-8.1(a); 74C-13;
Eff. January 1, 2013;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 07D .1501 Eff. July 1, 2015.