14b NCAC 17 .0103 DEFINITIONS
In addition to the definitions under G.S. Chapter 74D, the following definitions shall apply throughout this Chapter:
(1) "Applicant" means any person, firm, or corporation applying to the Board for a license or registration.
(2) "Board" means the Alarm Systems Licensing Board established by G.S. Chapter 74D.
(3) "Branch Manager or Operator" means the licensee endowed with the responsibility and liability for a branch office.
(4) "Branch Office" means a separate but dependent part of a central organization. The establishment of a telephone number or mailing address in the company name constitutes prima facie evidence of a branch office.
(5) "Chairman" means the Chairman of the Alarm Systems Licensing Board.
(6) "Installs" means placing an alarm device in a residential or commercial location and includes demonstrating the utilization of an alarm system device for a specific location and function within the protected premises and, with such knowledge of the alarm system operation, delivering that device to the owner or operator of the protected premises.
(7) "Licensee" means any person licensed pursuant to G.S. Chapter 74D.
(8) "Responds" means receiving a monitored alarm signal that indicates the existence of an unauthorized intrusion or taking from the premises of a customer, and being required by contract to take action upon receipt of that alarm signal.
(9) "Services" means inspecting, testing, repairing or replacing an alarm system device within protected premises.
(10) "Monitors" means receiving a signal from protected premises or contracting with a person, firm or corporation to provide accessible equipment and personnel to receive a signal from an alarm device in a residential or commercial location and take certain action in response.
(11) "Qualifying Agent" means any person who meets the requirements of G.S. 74D‑2(c), provided that no licensee may act as qualifying agent for more than one alarm systems business without prior authorization of the Board.
(12) "Knowledge of Specific Applications" means obtaining specific information about the premises which is protected or is to be protected, such knowledge gained during an on‑site visit. Conducting a survey shall be prima facie evidence that knowledge of specific application has been gained.
(13) "Employee" means a person who has an agreement with a licensee to perform alarm systems business activities under the direct supervision and control of the licensee, for whose services any charges are determined imposed and collected by the licensee, and for whose alarm systems business activities the licensee is legally liable.
(14) "Agency Head" means the Chairman of the Alarm Systems Licensing Board.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74D‑2; 74D‑5;
Temporary Rule Eff. January 9, 1984, for a Period of 120 Days to Expire on May 7, 1984;
Eff. May 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. August 1, 1988; February 1, 1988; July 1, 1987; January 1, 1986;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 11 .0103 Eff. July 1, 2015.